In the fall of 2010 Gerber took the knife world by storm with the introduction the first Bear Grylls Ultimate knife. Now Gerber has taken the best selling knife and made it even better with the new Ultimate Pro. The first noticeable difference is that the Ultimate Pro is sporting new black and orange color scheme. You may also notice that there is now a choil on the blade. A choil allows the user to choke up on the knife making it easier to use and easier to sharpen.
Gerber gave the Ultimate Pro slabs sides allowing the user to visually see the blade steel running from the tip to pommel. Seeing a full tang is always a huge confidence builder knowing you have full 10 inches of harden steel to hit, smash and pry with. Speaking of smashing, the back of the knife features a really nice flat pommel. The pommel has a machined textured surface to make sure that end of the pommel does not slip upon impact. The most important update on the Ultimate Pro is that Gerber improved the blade to higher quality 9CR19MOV steel... The steel is strong, non corrosive, razor like and will retain an edge
The sheath for the Ultimate Pro knife has been totally redesigned. The new sheath is featuring an integrated pull-through carbide sharpener. Gerber also updated the placement of the fire striker (Starter) and the pouch for the Bear Grylls Priority Survival Guide. On the old sheath the guide was kept in an orange pouch on the back of the sheath. On the new sheath Gerber has added a convenient pocket in the sheath that keeps the guide safe and secure.
As seen on Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls.
Personalize the Ultimate Pro knife with custom laser engraving. We offer award winning direct-to-metal engraving on many of our knives and multi-tools. Using the latest in laser marking technology we can produce a stunning level of detail on a wide variety of metals. No job is too big or too small; we can handle everything from groomsmen gifts to large quantity orders for corporate gifts. We also offer pricing discounts when purchasing more than 10 items. Give us a call today!
- Full fine edge 9CR19MOV Steel Drop Point Blade - Ideal for edge retention and cutting rope
- Stainless Steel Pommel - At base of handle for hammering
- Fire Starter - Ferrocerium rod locks into sheath, striker notch incorporated into back of knife blade
- High Carbide Pull Through Sharpener - Integrated into sheath for on-the-go sharpening
- Ergonomic Textured Rubber Grip - Maximizes comfort and reduces slippage
- Emergency Whistle - Integrated into lanyard cord
- Nylon Sheath - Lightweight, military-grade, mildew resistant
- Priorities of Survival - Pocket guide contains Bear’s survival essentials
- Overall Length: 10"
- Blade Length: 4.8"
- Knife Weight: 11.2oz
- Weight with Sheath: 14.7